Category Archives: community

Monday Monday – Let the Rains Come and the Revelry Begin!

I had a lovely weekend.  On Saturday I went for a chilly bike ride with  the good doctor.  He is not really in riding shape so the way out was easy going.  The way back is usually really fast because it … Continue reading

Posted in community, Cycling, Monday Monday, training | Tagged , , | 4 Comments

Monday Monday – Paying it Forward

Stronger has started another super secret fund. This one is genius – it’s GREAT! She wants people to toss $5 into the ring and then find out what it is for. It’s an act of faith and let me assure … Continue reading

Posted in community, Health | Tagged , | 2 Comments

Monday Monday – It’s All About the Shirt

There are a couple of truisms when it comes to racing. Don’t go out too fast …. and It’s all about the shirt. This weekend’s 20 miler gave me an opportunity to be reminded of both – one in a … Continue reading

Posted in community, Events, Monday Monday, Racing, Running | Tagged | 9 Comments

Monday Monday – of Elevation Charts and Accomplishments

For someone who raced her last race of the year last weekend I worked awfully hard this weekend. Saturday’s Ride: It wasn’t quite as hairy as that elevation chart makes it look but it was hard enough. I kept up … Continue reading

Posted in community, Cycling, It's All About Me, Monday Monday, Running, training | 4 Comments

Monday Monday – NWM Race Report – PR

This will be a race report mostly in pictures because we all know about the ratio of value between pictures and words. The plan was for 2 of my friends from Forward Motion to arrive at Chez Moi at 4:30 … Continue reading

Posted in community, Events, Monday Monday, PR!, Racing | Tagged | 15 Comments

Nike swag

Tomorrow is race day and I’m ready although I’m really tired. I wanted to share with you what I got at the Expo. I had to go twice to do this. I got the stuff in the first picture on … Continue reading

Posted in community, Events, Fun in a tub, Racing, Running | 6 Comments

Monday Monday – Perseverance Furthers

I’ve been running quite a bit lately because I have this little race coming up next weekend (the Nike Half Marathon).  I increased my running volume quite dramatically.  Check it out – this is my weekly milage   starting 10  weeks ago and … Continue reading

Posted in community, Cycling, Monday Monday, Running, training | Tagged | 3 Comments