Hump Day Miscellany – in pictures!

I decided to just post pictures of a bunch of stuff

Folsom Olympic Distance Triathlon

Folsom09_dinner

The night before the race I went to the Mexican restaurant next door and ordered  a chicken burrito, expecting to get a normal burrito.  No.  I got this ginormous thing (note the burrito is as wide as my laptop and that’s not a netbook) and was pretty stunned.  I gutted the thing and by the time I was ready to toss out what was left it looked a bit like something you might find on the side of the road after it got run over several times.  ew.  Tasty, though!

Folsom09_swag

The swag I got.  Another ‘interesting t-shirt and some samples. Not bad.  By the end of the race I owned 2 more water bottles, too!

Folsom09_composite

A composite of me across all 3 disciplines.  Do I look a tad dead on the run?  And the elation coming out of the water says, “yay!  no cramp!”

Folsom09_podium

Podium!! AG 3 out of 8.  Best podium finish ever!

Sharkfest 09

Sharkfes09-1

Is this the shore??  Am I alive??  Oh miracle of miracles!

Sharkfes09-2

That dark stuff on my face = sea smutz.

Tour of Napa Valley Century

Tour of Napa Bagpipe

As we were going up the first big hill the woman behind said, “Is that death or is that bagpipes?”  I was too winded to answer but I’m happy to say it was bagpipes.  This guy was a really welcomed addition to the ride.

Tour of Napa The Girls!

Groovin’ at the first aid station with Dana and Kelley!

This entry was posted in Cycling, Fun in a tub, Hump Day, Racing, triathlon. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Hump Day Miscellany – in pictures!

1. Rene says:

Good times! We love pics. “Fun in a tub” tag has me cracking up!

2. Rural Girl says:

I read the post below. You seemed to have as much fun as I did doing a swim race in Lake Superior 2 weeks ago. I go “kayaked”, so they say, at least 2 times. I was so off-course and slow I could hardly stand myself. Also, not something I want to repeat!

sweet photos! how come i never get bagpipes on a ride??!?

4. Runner Susan says:

Look at you all standing up on your bike and stuff!!!! Does the wet suit keep nasty lake water off your skin and out of your mouth?

5. Runner Susan says:

I have my first century in October. I’m scared.

Great job on podium!

Love the bike photo at Folsom!
    You have had a busy couple to months! Proud of you!