Monday Monday – Addictions

I was agonizing over what to write about when lo and behold I was tagged by Misty.  I am supposed to list 5 things I’m addicted to. Addiction is too strong a word (for a recovered co-dependent person like me) but using the word lightly we have:

1)  FaceCrack aka FaceBook – I feel quite compelled to keep up now.

2).  Word games on FB – particularly Scrabble. I love it

3).  My Garmin.  It is totally unreliable while running (my pace will change by 2 minutes/mile every 15 seconds) but I must have it.  The over all picture is always pretty accurate.

4).  My cell phone – I feel very insecure if I realize I have left it at home. As phone booths disappear the anxiety gets worse.

5). Men.  Apparently I can’t learn to live without them and I’m quite determined to find one to call my own in  spite of a lot of empirical evidence to suggest that will never again happen.

So now I tag 5 other people:

Julie, Jeanne, Donald (as punishment for never writing up the Calvin and Hobbes story), DonKaty

13 Responses to Monday Monday – Addictions

1. iliketoast says:

you picked katy, oh can she keep it to 5?

2. Rural Girl says:

Interesting list! The first four seem manageable, but that last one can be a wee bit trickier!

Never say never!

4. comms says:

I frustrate just about everyone for not carrying my cell 24/7. I am perfectly happy if I forget to take it with me in the morning. But not thrilled I have to be ‘sooooo’ contrite to my co-workers because they can’t reach me.

5. Karen says:

I’m starting to get into the crackbook/facebook thing too. And as for men, you are so much better off without one to call your own since they are like little puppies that need to be potty trained.

6. Donald says:

AAAGH!! OK – you’ve got me. I knew I should have written that dang C&H post.

You know I’m in the middle of something, though – right? Give me a little bit of time (I know, I say that too often).

Addicted to Facebook, huh? That could be an epidemic of monstrous proportions in the near future.

I finally did it. It was harder than I thought.

8. Runner Susan says:

You need to visit me. I’ll find you a man, and you can teach me how facebook works. Fair enough?

9. IHateToast says:

bad timing. i just closed down my blog. i also deactivated my FB account.
    i watched 1 hour of tv in january. broke that addiction. breaking many. cutting back. so miss it all.

i would love an iphone. that’s an addiction i’d like.

now i just nap. don’t even run.

10. Runner Susan says:

how’s the feed burner thing working now?

11. Runner Susan says:

i need to fix your line colors too . . . damn, i’m so far behind on stuff

12. Runner Susan says:

post something new so i can tell if you are working or not.

13. Jenny says:

Men are overrated anyway! Surround yourself with a gaggle of great girlfriends. 😉