RBF San Francisco Meet Up?

I know some of you will be there – Waddler26 and Steve, for example.

I have a couple of pre-marathon social engagements Saturday night but I think it would be fun to have a packet pickup rendezvous. I can come in any time as long as I can leave by about 4 PM. If you are interested please send email to 21stCenturyMom@gmail.com and we can swap contact info.

I did my 30 minutes run this morning (really 31:37). I don’t think it really counts as easy as my splits were 9:22, 10:18 and 11:22. I didn’t know what 5x60s were so I ran fast for 60 seconds 3 times. That was making my legs tired, though so I just did the 3 which is probably why that last mile was slow. That and the uphillness of it.

Anyhow, I test drove my marathon outfit and it worked great! I decided to wear black shorts and after reading Bold’s post today I’m glad I did. If you haven’t read that whole post yet get on over there and suck it up. It’s a great story with a great message.

Bring it on, baby!

6 Responses to RBF San Francisco Meet Up?

1. Stillwater Heron says:

Rock on!!!Live it large, drink it up!You are going to dazzle yourself 🙂

2. Dori says:

Good luck in S.F.! If you’d like a little inspiration, check out this site: http://www.startribune.com/10001/gallery/497551.html It’s a photo essay that another blogger put together, entitled “Why We Run.” I posted the link on my blog and people seemed to like it.I hope it’s not too windy on the GG bridge.

It’s good to do the test drive of the outfit. I am glad that it worked out for you. Best of luck to you. I wish that I could make it your way for the RBF meet up but we are having company. It seems that there are people in SF that want to get away this weekend. Go figure.

4. greyhound says:

Back in Black. You’re bad to the bone. Run strong.

5. Running Rabbit says:

Good Luck!!! Can’t wait to hear how speedy you were! 🙂

6. David says:

Good luck 21. You’re primed, especially if you’re wearing black. It is empowering (and flattering too.)