Help! I Need Somebody. Help! Not Just Anybody

When last I wrote my running was going all to hell because of non-stop parties. THE PLAN was to get back to it on Monday and quit messing about. Monday morning I pulled on my running clothes and then belted my fleece bathrobe over them because it was chilly in the house. Then I opened my work email and one darn thing lead to another. At 5 I headed out the door to take the dog for a walk, fully intending on running 6 miles after I brought her back but OH NO! I remembered I had yet another party to go to. Another run tossed, another party attended.

I hate horribly at this party. They had fancy potato chips, something I never buy. They had guacamole and as if that wasn’t enough to crowd the interior of my arteries with buttery soft piles of goo, they had s’mores. S’mores, people! Have I ever revealed that marshmallows are one of my worst guilty indulgences? Well they are and when coupled with chocolate and graham crackers it’s good-bye fitness, hello fatty-kins.

Tuesday I took no chances, bolting out the door at 7:30 (an hour and a half later than I had intended to but what can you do when you stay up late eating sugar, fat and salt?) for a nice 6 mile run. My pace was good and the whiner within was reasonably quiet.

Tuesday I had book group. My kids refer to it as ‘wine group’ so I don’t supposed I have to tell you where that went. I ate cheese and crackers and chocolate and chips with mango salsa. Excellent program, non?

I NEED A LITTLE HELP IN THE DISCIPLINE DEPARTMENT!!!!

I am a desperate woman. This training solo stuff is hard enough without the self sabotage. I’m counting on you RBFers to help me stay the course. If you look at my foot p0rn comments the non-runners are clapping and saying “good for you – pedicures come first!” Well thanks but no – not when you are training for a marathon. So Runners – BEAT ME UP! Help me get back on course.

Tomorrow it’s 8 miles and Saturday I’m doing 18 and then I’m going to try to switch over to the ‘No Junk Miles’ program which I have alluded to but not yet revealed to anyone but David. So here it is. With a little help I hope to start following it for the 2nd half of my training. Oh wait – I’m way past that….. see? I need help, people!!

PS – thanks for all of the compliments. It was really sweet to read them.

10 Responses to Help! I Need Somebody. Help! Not Just Anybody

1. Running Rabbit says:

Can you set up the running as an appointment that you MUST meet? And post your daily runs on-line for all of us to read?

2. Susan says:

I think everyone around here could use a good spanking.

3. Bob says:

All I know is we all need help in the discipline department, anyone who says they don’t is blowing smoke.

Good grief, you are a nonstop party animal!!! Here’s a RULE that MUST BE FOLLOWED: No turning on the computer until you have finished your run! Think of yourself as a machine: you need fuel and sleep. When is your marathon again? Soon? That should put the fear of god into you.what with all the talk of foot fetishes and now Discipline…and spanking…what kind of a blog is this anyway?!?! 🙂

oh yes, i agree with running rabbit: You must now post your running PLAN and then what you actually did. HA!

6. Eric says:

Block out those workouts on your calendar so you have the time reserved.You should have eaten more guac, avacados good cholesterol and yummy.You may need to change from the book group to a running group for the added motivation and support.You are at a point where parties are everywhere and hard to avoid. Graduation, 4th of July, Fathers/Mothers day etc. Hard to avoid not eating and drinking poorly.I’m newer to your blog to I’m just throwing two cents your way.Just like Nike says, Just Do It.

7. Jessica says:

I wish parties would get in the way of my life a little more….I know you can do it, though, you are nothing if not disciplined! Get out there and set the pavement on FIRE!

8. Fe-lady says:

Sounds as if you are getting in your long runs in spite of “cheating” on your diet. Hey, that’s why I run (tri) so I can have guacamole, fried tacos and s’mores!Those things are my reinforers-if I couldn’t have chocolate every once in awhile, I would just quit everything! 🙂

9. Running by.... says:

I secretly LOVE marshmallows too! I like RR’s idea. Post your workaround schedule and we’ll make sure you keep up with it sistah!

10. greyhound says:

I could go all drill sergeant on you, but your MOM! I haven’t got it in me. You’ll turn it around.