Devilishly Delicious

I could hardly wait to run today because I had to take a few days off due to an impending injury (sore soleus muscle). The goal was to run 6 miles. When I first started out my calf was hurting and I thought about tossing in the towel but no – I decided to keep on going for a bit and then reevaluate. The further I went the better I felt so I just kept going. T his is kind of a milestone for me. In the past I generally took any excuse I could find to stop running, run less, slow down, stop, complain, be a big baby – you name it. Having the desire to run outpace my inner whiner is a new and very welcomed addition in my life.

When I hit 6 miles I thought about stopping but then I thought, “Why?” If you keep running you will get home that much sooner and so I kept running and I kept my pace even though I was going up hill.

I had to overshoot my road and stop at 7-11 to get some milk. I hit the stop button on the Garmin and looked down – 6.66 miles and no leg pain at all. Devilishly delicious, indeed.

Pace:
1 – 10:17
2 – 10:25
3 – 10:59
4 – 10:58
5 – 10:29
6 – 1051
.66 – 10:38

9 Responses to Devilishly Delicious

YOU GO GRRL!!! amazing, i stand in awe. I hope I run like that when I grow up! my inner whiner is still wide awake and ready to pounce at any moment. you’re giving me hope!

2. David says:

That’s worth geting up in the morning. Good run.

3. susie says:

I have the same problem. And I love it when I overcome. You did, too. And don’t you love it? Especially the no pain:)We all had great runs today…were the stars aligned or something????

4. m says:

I think the same thing on all my runs…”if I stop now and walk it’ll take me that much longer to get home” Some days I should just take lonnger b/c there is always something that “is just not fair” going on btwn all the kids while I am gone.

5. Stillwater Heron says:

Wow!Awesome!Some of us gals kicked butt yesterday!!I love it when we sock one to the inner whiner 🙂

6. Jessica says:

Every time I stop by here, I think, “Man, I have GOT to go to the gym!”

7. Mother of Chaos says:

Wow.Just…wow.You rock. But we all knew that. 🙂

8. Fe-lady says:

Never tell yourself NEVER…the Xterra tris are just plain FUN! (Do a short one someday! And then I can tell you I told you so!)

9. Stefano says:

If you keep running you will get home that much sooner: I will not forget this wise sentence!