Time to head for Italy

After reading The Black Knight’s 23Km run report (more than a US half marathon) I’ve decided that I need to target a marathon in Italy. After all, they get wine and plates and cheese and there are castles and ancient ruins and culture there. How fun!

This will require saving up some money as well as training but it could happen – really. How about Rome in March 2007? Or Venice in October (Oct 22 – see the city before it sinks!) or Maranello Oct 15? Or how about Padua in April 2007? And there are more, oh so many more. Anyone want to make it a goal? We could go see Stefano and have a really, really good time. Talk about an excellent location for carbo loading! Who’s in?

6 Responses to Time to head for Italy

1. Jessica says:

Wow…I’d love to be one of the bystanders cheering you on!

2. stefano says:

Thank you for the wonderful post. You are welcome here and I can be your touristic guide. If you like to come here there are a lot of events every sunday: 10 km, half marathons, marathons and celebrations run. It would be so nice to meet some friends here.

3. 21st Century Mom says:

Stefano, I would love to come there and Jessica and anyone else who would like the trip without the running is welcome to join. The more the merrier. If we get enough people committed we can probably get group rates on flights and hotels. Oh – just think of the possibilities!

Oh yes!! as soon as I cut out rent and food…NOD graduates in 2008. i should have SOME extra cash then. right? right????

5. David says:

And I expect the natives will be friendly – and attractive – too.

6. julia says:

I’ll have to go read your entries to see if you decided anything. I live in Italy and run marathons so…do either Rome or Venice, I’m partial to Venice.- Maranello (aka Carpi) is boring and really ugly scenery.- Padua (aka St. Antonio) is usually baking hot.

Comments are closed.