¡¡Viva La Revolution – Coma una Cookie!!

There’s a terrible movement afoot. A movement that warrants a revolution. A movement that will have us all wearing cranky pants and scowling.

Sesame Street just released some early episodes on DVD and they come with a warning – “These early ‘Sesame Street’ episodes are intended for grown-ups, and may not suit the needs of today’s preschool child.” !!!! I raised my 3 very fine children on Sesame Street only to learn it was loaded with adult only content? How can that be?

It turns out that having a monster who loves cookies is simply not acceptable in today’s world. Apparently cookie love = terrible corruption. Who would have guessed? Let the Cookie monster parody a PBS host and be shown smoking a pipe and then eating it and uh oh…. that is WAY too adult. Oh the corruption!

In that same vein, I guess I should have been able to predict the well intentioned parent who decided that providing treats of cookies and candy to the high school kids during finals week was evil and unacceptable. She decided that what they really need is brain food – carrots and string cheese. Oh yeah – that’s what hard working students who have stayed up all night cramming for fnials need – carrots. The students, oddly enough are not appreciative of this change in between exam culinary faire. In fact, they are totally pissed off about it.

It’s time to fight back, people. It’s time to TAKE BACK THE COOKIE! Reclaim your right and the right of your children to indulge in a hot, gooey chocolate chip wonder from time to time. Do not let “them” take this away from you. Today your cookie, tomorrow…..who know? You might go to buy cereal and find nothing on the shelf but Musli.

Farewell Trix – we knew you well…. We knew you when you were for kids.

11 Responses to ¡¡Viva La Revolution – Coma una Cookie!!

1. Greyhound says:

The cookie treat is not the problem. It’s the rest of the diet, and the fact that it is consumed almost 24/7 in front of the television and video games by kids who don’t go outside and play.

Move more.
    Eat less.

Pretty complicated, I know.

2. Bill says:

Further proof that we, as a society, have gone insane.

We certainly aren’t any smarter.

3. IHateToast says:

oh for the love of phkn mike!

The trick is (and I am not a master as of yet) to teach our kids (when they are at a teachable age) to know how to stop rather than inforcing limits. There is nothing wrong with cookies if the other stuff is eaten as well.

C is for cookie; that’s good enough for me.
    C is for cookie; that’s good enough for me.
    C is for cookie; that’s good enough for me.
    Oh, cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C.

5. cookie…
    …the forbidden love
    …the love that dare not speak its name

C is for cookie, that’s good enough for me!

6. iliketoast says:

I have missed so many posts,has this become cereal? Do I need to go back to follow the main characters that appear to be a big blue monster and a crazy jacked up rabbit called Trix.

7. Mother Chaos says:

Don’t start me!!! There was also something about Oscar being “too grouchy”?!?!

HE’S A GROUCH!!!!!!

ARGH!

8. IronJenny says:

OMG!!! I am truly lauging out loud over here.
    It’s the end of the world as we know it. That’s crazy! Sesame Street not suitable for kid…. hahahahahaha

9. So. Wrong.

I have a theory about the obesity thing. I suspect that there’s a large quantity of parents out there who can’t keep up with their kids (because they don’t move) so they control them with tv and video games – because an immobile child is a child not causing trouble. Thus perpetuating the cycle of obesity…

They can have my cookie monster when they pry him from my daughter’s chubby sticky hands.

10. Jen says:

I loved Sesame Street! Especially the cookie monster. I think the finger-pointing is getting a little ridiculous here.

11. Phil Chistopherson says:

Cookie monster is my main homie!